ASECS Graduate Student Caucus
Call for Applications: 2019-2020 Co-Chair, 2020-2021 Chair
We are now accepting applications for a two-year Graduate Student Caucus (GSC) executive position.
During the first year, the successful applicant will serve as the Graduate Student Caucus co-chair and will be responsible for organizing the Caucus’s scholarly panel at the 2020 ASECS meeting. During the second year, the co-chair will move into the chair position and will organize the Caucus’s professionalization panel.
Among other duties, the co-chair will assist the chair in the following:
- Coordinating the annual Excellence in Mentorship Award—soliciting nominations, assembling an award committee, assessing application materials
- Conducting interviews with colleagues and soliciting guest columns for the GSC blog
- Keeping the GSC blog current with news/announcements, interviews, and columns
- Monitoring and updating GSC Twitter account
- Sharing members’ news and announcements
- Keeping Caucus members informed about prizes, awards, deadlines, etc.
- Composing an annual report for the ASECS Executive Board
- Responding to queries and communicating regularly with the ASECS Business Office
Candidates must have at least two years remaining in their graduate program. To apply, submit 1) your C.V. and 2) a CFP for the ASECS 2020 panel you would like to organize. Send these materials to the 2019-2020 GSC chair, April Fuller: amfuller[at]umd[dot]edu. Applications are due on or before 30 April.